Green Hosting are web hosting companies that take the environment into consideration when they offer their services. Green Hosting is also known as eco-friendly hosting and their main goal is to use green technologies in their day to day operations.
KEY FEATURES OF GREEN HOSTING
For a hosting company to be qualified as “Green” they must follow some guidelines:
- They must power their data centers directly with renewable energy.
- They are required to plant trees, plants, grass and other environmentally friendly items around and over their data centers.
- They must conduct day to day energy conservations by using energy efficient lighting, appliances and resources.
- Utilize Green Marketing efforts which include e-mail marketing and little to no paper based marketing.
- Attract Green Customers. Green customers are customers who believe in the goals of making the world a more energy efficient environment.
It is said that more companies need to move into the Green Hosting arena. At the current rate of energy absorption is it theorized that by the year 2020 hosting companies will be producing more electrical pollution than most modern day airplanes.
As new companies are turning into Green Hosting companies they are striving to work to consolidate days. They are trying to use low voltage computer equipment such as servers, copiers, phone systems, workstations and more. They are trying to use less energy draining lighting, heating and cooling systems that will lessen the drain on the environment.
SHOULD I CHOOSE A GREEN HOST?
Green web hosting companies are offering all of the same bells and whistles that today’s regular web hosting companies are offering. The advantages of going with a Green host now is that you will not only be benefiting the efforts of these companies you will also be helping to make our world a better place.